LIFE is like zebra : white and black stripes come one after another. However, zebra’s stripes are more or less equal, unlike those in life: sometimes difficult stressful periods are much larger than bright and happy ones.
So, when I have dark times in my work, I am pretty motivated to write another blog post and complain-complain-complain.... but I don’t do that. I am waiting until the moment when it becomes better, so that I could retell about troubles in more soft and optimistic way :)
This time, I want just to give some practical tips for the future generations of ITN projects... especially, for those who will do it in France.
This time it’s about money 💸
Being involved in such an active project as INFRASTAR is not easy in terms of money-spending. So, the general advice is
SAFE money in order to have always a backup of few thousands euros
This year has started with a huge amount of paiments:
- expensive secondment in Denmark,
- training week,
- implementation day,
- conference IABMAS that takes place in Melbourne in 2018.
All of these events require booking apartments in advance, paying public transport, and visas...
- French residence permit (extension of the first year visa) = 269€
- Danish work permit (for my secondment at COWI, Copenhagen) = 3320 DDK (~450€) visa fee + 204€ fingerprints
- Australian business visa 140 AUD (~90€) + 41€ fingerprints
but once you get the positive response, it gives satisfaction and brings only positive emotions :)