Wonderful Millau viaduct =D

Sometimes things in life are happening in the wrong order. I believe that there is always a reason for that.

My work contract is coming to the end, in fact, October 2019 is the last month. The entire work has been mainly focused on the Millau viaduct since the beginning. I was working with the data that were recorded on the bridge before my PhD. And I didn't see this bridge with my own eyes until the very last month!
So, now the moment has come and we made a trip to the South of France.



Thanks, as always, to Hakim, our project manager, and to ITN INFRASTAR, the visit of the town of Millau and the viaduct itself took place. Three ESRs (myself, Antoine and Bartek), we had a chance to explore the bridge:


1) service center where we got much information on the construction and maintaining of the viaduct and I got answers to many questions from the technical service manager Thierry 


2) the restricted area near the bridge, where I could see the example if a cable of Millau and we took nice pictures
Near the entrance to the deck

3) the inside of the deck, which is exactly as I imagined (the humidity reducing system is impressing! It feels like tropics after exiting the dry deck inside to the entrance area) 


Inside the deck 


4) the space between two lanes to see such a little number of trucks crossing over the bridge!


Heavy traffic loads :) 

5) and the most interesting and exciting - the top of the pylon! After climbing many ladders we were rewarded with a spectacular view on the valley and on the beautiful curve of the viaduct... 


87 meters to climb!
Really happy to be there =D

And finally,

Trying to hug Millau viaduct ^^ 


Comments

  1. The viaduc still looks great :-)
    Many thanks also to Eiffage, especially Thierry, who made that visit possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful to see - very jealous I never got to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment